New: Just for fun, check the "WhereAmI" page! ;-)
This section will describe some of the ideas and effort on future evolution of J2MEMap
First, the TODO list:
- Add more key mapping for Blackberry
- Improve general blackberry support
- Scale bar (to show current scale)
- Usage of Virtual Earth images (both satellite and map). See some examples:
- Direct loading of unzipped KML files
- RMS caching: last tiles are stored in your phone memory, so no
need to download them when you restart
That's the "mini equivalent" of GoogleEarth on your mobile...It display the globe in 3D , and you can zoom in...
The advantage comparing to 2D version are the following:
* Nice display!
* Zoom is smoother
But the drawback is that you need to have a 3D enabeld phone (it requires JSR184).
The green things are your locations, the one that you store in "MyPlaces"!