News:V 0.9 Beta is here...Check it in the download section: Compass view, picture geotagging, track management, friends,...
Another News:The forum is here! Share your experience.
What is J2ME Map?
It's a small interface to GoogleMap that allows you to do the following things:
- Browse the entire GoogleMap database
- Swith from GoogleMap/Satellite, MSN Virtual Earth Maps, Ask.com and Yahoo!Maps
- Switch between satellite or map view
- Zoom in/zoom out
- Do request to google maps, and show results on screen
- Save your favorite locations
- Have access to some rss feed to discover some new locations
- Can be extended with your own data
- Automatic painless saving of your preference...
- Use an embeeded GPS if present, to be automatically located
- Use an external GPS connected with Bluetooth, if present
- Support of GPX/KML/LOC file format
- Support for touch screen enabeld handsets
- new:Track management: record, load, save track
- new: Import/Export track from internet, bluetooth, or lical file system
- new:Take and upload geotagged pictures to Flickr
- new: And some fun stuff: browse realtime the Flickr geotagged pictures!
- new: Find Fon hotspot near you with your mobile phone!
Legal disclaimer: this work in not related to Google, Google Map, Google Earth or to my employer and is provided as is, without any liability.
This is still in early release, and have only been tested on some SonyEricsson phone, Siemens, Nokia and Motorola phones.
Try it ONLINE using mPowerPlay great simulator
Check also my blog to get some info on it...
Credits for external software used in this project:
Floating point library for J2ME: henson.midp.Float (C) by Nikolay Klimchuk . Henson Home Page
KXML Parser: Copyright (c) 2002,2003, Stefan Haustein, Oberhausen, Rhld., Germany KML Page
XmlPull parser: Stefan Haustein and Aleksander Slominski http://www.xmlpull.org
* Version update: now you can use GAME_C/GAME_D to go through the list of selection (after doing a search for instance)....
|Result of a research about “sushi” in “san Francisco”||One of predefined location: Statue of liberty, new york….|
Go Back to the HomePage